After a few hours of searching that spanned a few months, I was finally able to upgrade my Corsair K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard firmware to 2.05. No matter what I tried, soft reset, hard reset, upgrade through iCUE, nothing seemed to work. I would get a failed to update error.
Side note, you have a better chance at buying plutonium than finding the firmware downloads available online.
After some digging though, I found them on the Corsair community forums. I will share the process I took to upgrade the firmware on my K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard.
***You acknowledge the site and author are not responsible for any issues that could come from updating the firmware of your device***
Proceed at your own RISK
Here is the process I used:
- iCUE updated to version 3.3.103
- Downgraded to firmware 1.30 by downloading it from the link below and applying it through iCUE.
- Link to firmware versions on the Corsair forums
- Restarted and then upgraded the firmware through iCUE to 2.05
- Restarted and checked iCUE to make sure version kept, also did a check of the keyboard itself to make sure it was working as intended.
I hope this works for someone else. I know I spent a considerable amount of time searching for it and I my goal was to not have to contact support.